The ResQFlare is a USCG-approved electronic boat flare kit that facilitates rescue by emitting the flash characteristic for the International Morse Code for S-O-S. The ResQFlare’s high-efficiency electronics allow it to maintain the USCG required 75 cd peak equivalent fixed intensity for over 20 hours (more than 3 times longer than the USCG requirement for maintaining this level of light intensity). With its user-replaceable battery power source (2 C Batteries), the ResQFlare provides years of service. As a result, boats are safer by negating the common inconveniences of pyrotechnic boat flares including their expiry dates and stringent mandatory disposal requirements.
ResQFlare Benefits vs. Traditional Pyrotechnic Boat Flares:
- No expiration date
- Family safe (no burning flame)
- Easy to operate (so even your kids and first-time boaters can operate it in the event of an emergency)
- No issues with the existing stringent mandatory disposal requirements for pyrotechnic flares (legally considered as hazardous materials)
- Waterproof and Buoyant
- One-time purchase (less cost over the life of the product)
Meeting the USCG requirements (46 CFR 161.013), the ResQFlare is classified as an approved Night Visual Distress Signal. Given that a Distress Flag, meeting the requirements of 46 CFR 160.072, is included in the package with every ResQFlare, users are also provided with an approved Day Visual Distress Signal (the requirement for carriage of approved day and night visual distress signals can be found in 33 CFR part 175).
The supplied Distress Flag provides numerous daylight signaling options. The flag can be flown by attaching to the mast or simply hoisting to the highest possible point. It can also be displayed by hand, tied to, and then waved on items such as a boat hook, paddle, or fishing rod, or it can be laid flat on the deck to attract aircraft. The flag should be used only as a day signal and when displayed correctly, the black square should be over the black circle.
Having the ResQFlare and Distress Flag kit together allows boaters to forego the requirement for traditional pyrotechnic flares when on vessels up to 65’ in length, boating on the Great Lakes, within 12 miles of U.S. waters, or on any body of water with a passageway to the sea at least two miles wide. Vessels less than 16’ are not required to carry a Day Visual Distress Signal but must still carry a Night Visual Distress Signal. This makes the ResQFlare a more than viable alternative to pyrotechnic flares for vessels of this size as well.
The addition of the ResQFlare to ACR’s line of boating safety gear provides U.S. recreational boaters with a comprehensive distress signaling solution. When paired with an ACR EPIRB or Personal Locator Beacon, USCG rescue personnel not only know where you are within minutes but also have a visual reference light to come in on from up to 6 miles away.
Product Features and Benefits:
- ResQFlare and included Distress Flag, when carried together, qualify as a replacement for the carriage of USCG pyrotechnic boat flares and boat flare guns (the U.S.A. only)
- Bright light in all directions (360° visibility)
- Lightweight and compact in size
- Automatically rights itself and floats when in the water (no buoyancy/flotation ring necessary)
- Visible over 6 miles
- User-Replaceable C-Cell Alkaline Batteries (Not Included)
- High intensity LED strobe maintains a minimum peak equivalent fixed intensity of 75 cd for 20 hours or greater (room temperature)
- The operational life of 20 hours is over 3 times longer than the USCG requirement for maintaining peak equivalent fixed intensity of 75 cd
- Durable design: Fire-resistant, Oil-resistant, Fungus-resistant, & Corrosion resistant
- Waterproof (IP67)
- Certified under USCG 161.013 as a Nighttime Visual Distress Signal
- Includes Distress Flag (Certified under USCG 160.072 as Daytime Visual Distress Signal)