The C406-1 HM has been tested to meet the rigorous requirements of TSO C126 including 500 G shock, 1000 pound crush as well as flame and vibration tests. The C406-1 HM is available for use with Artex’s low cost whip antennas, rod antenna or a blade antenna. The C406-1 HM may be interfaced with the optional Artex ELT/NAV Interface enabling latitude and longitude data to be transmitted as part of the 406 MHz message. The C406-1 HM uses a single coax cable to accommodate all three frequencies. The C406-1 HM ELT is available for fixed wing with a single-directional G-Switch and helicopter (HM) applications with a multi-axis G-Switch.
Immediate Search and Rescue response with completed registration
- Operating on 121.5, 243, and 406 MHz frequencies
- Worldwide coverage
- Compatible with ELT to Navigation Interface
- 5-year battery life (Replacement Battery Part No. 452-0133)
- If you use it…we’ll replace it, Free of Charge. Simply submit your story, send us back your used beacon so we can have it mounted on our Wall of Fame and we’ll send you a brand new beacon of equal or greater value.
ARTEX ELTs are the choice of rotorcraft aircraft including Sikorsky, Airbus Helicopters, AgustaWestland and Bell.
- TSO C126
- ETSO 2C126
- Cospas/Sarsat Approved
- Transport & Industry Canada Approved
ELT Pack List
||Remote Switch & Accessories
|ELT C406-1 HM 455-5016
||110-338 (White) & 110-338-01 (Black)
|ELT C406-1 HM 455-5017
||110-340 & 110-340-01 (Protective Edge)
C406-1 HM (Helicopter Model)
Antenna Options Available
Rod: 110-338, Blade: 110-340
406 MHz, 121.5 & 243. MHz +/- 0.005% (A3X)
406 MHz: 5 W +/- 2 dB (520 ms / 50 sec) for 24 hours @ -20°C, 121.5/243.0 MHz: 100 mW minimum (+20 dBm) for 50 hours @ -20°C
BNC Female (121.5/243.0/406 MHz)
Automatic by 4.5 feet per second (2.3G) Primary G-Switch, or 12.5 G (+/- 1 G) 5-Way HM G-Switch or Manual Activation
5 year Lithium (LiMnO2, solid cathode), Replacement Battery Part No. 452-0133
Temperature Certified to:
Operating: -20°C to +55°C, Storage: -55°C to +85°C
G-Switch Enabled, 406 MHz Power, Antenna/Coax Connection, Position Data Present, Low Battery
Weights (with tray)
ELT Transmitter: 3 lb 5.8 oz Maximum (1.53 kg), Mounting Tray: 7 oz (200 g), Total Weight: 4 lb 11 oz (2.02 kg)
ELT Transmitter with mounting hardware installed 11.74” (298 mm)L x 3.9: (99 mm)H x 3.82” (97 mm)W
WARRANTY LENGTH: 30 MONTHS FROM DATE OF INSTALLATION OF THE GOODS ON BUYER\’S SOLUTION. 24 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF DISPATCH OF GOODS BY THE SUPPLIER
Warranty coverage is effectively extended from previous warranties offered on Artex products. To qualify for warranty coverage, a customer must do one of two things.
1) Provide the original packing list from Artex with a shipping date on it. The warranty period expires 24 months from the date shipped on the packing list.
2) Provide proof of installation date (Logbook entry, signed copy of the FAA form 337 the ELT was installed under, or other documentation stating such).
If the customer is unable to provide either methods of documentation, the warranty will apply for 24 months from date of manufacture listed on the ELT product label, with a 6 month installation grace period – effectively 30 months.
For any inquiries regarding warranties, feel free to contact Artex products technical support at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at USA 954-981-3333.