The mounting hardware for the ME406 Series is compatible with all previous models of Artex 406 MHz ELT products, as well as the ELT-200 Series, ACK, Pointer Model 3000 ELT and Narco ELTs. The self-contained remote switch is powered by a 6-year lithium battery, making it independent from aircraft power.
ARTEX ELTs are the choice of general aviation aircraft including Cessna, Piper, Cirrus, Beechcraft, Diamond, and Quest.
Cost-efficient upgrade to Artex Technology
The new remote switch replaces the old ACK switch on the instrument panel, eliminating the need for alterations. A special adapter mounted onto the ME406 ACE ELT receives the plug on the ELT side of the wiring. Installation time is further reduced by reusing the existing wiring harness to connect the remote switch to the ELT.
- “ACE” – Absolute Cost Efficiency
- Upgrade ACK and 2-Frequency ELTs to Artex 406 MHz Technology
- Replaces ACK remote switch in form, fit and function
- Re-use existing wiring harness from remote switch to ELT
- Remote switch independent from aircraft power
- 6-year battery life, Replacement Battery Part No. 455-0012
- If you use it…we’ll replace it, Free of Charge. Simply submit your story, send us back your used beacon so we can have it mounted on our Wall of Fame and we’ll send you a brand new beacon of equal or greater value.
- TSO C126
- ETSO 2C126
- Cospas/Sarsat Approved
- Transport & Industry Canada Approved
The Artex ME406 ELT combined with the ACK remote switch retrofit system allows for re-using the existing wiring harness between ELT and cockpit remote switch.
ELT Pack List
|Antenna||Remote Switch & Accessories||Manuals/Approvals/Downloads|
|ELT ME406 ACE 455-6614||110-773||455-0023||Pack List|
|ELT ME406 ACE 455-6608||Pack List|