ACR OLAS GUARDIAN$249.95
The ACR OLAS Guardian is a small wireless engine cut-off switch that acts within two seconds of a person going overboard. It has the dual function of also acting as an instant Man Overboard (MOB) Alarm system. OLAS GUARDIAN offers powerboat, motorboat, and RIB drivers the security of knowing that their boat will stop in an instant, should the skipper or crew get separated from the boat, reducing the chances of a serious accident from a loose, unmanned, uncontrolled vessel. They are free to move around their boat without constantly having to remember to attach, detach, and re-attach a physically wired kill cord. The GUARDIAN provides coverage for vessels up to 50 feet and is scalable via the use of the OLAS EXTENDER for use on vessels up to 80 feet.
NOTE: As of April 1, 2021, the U.S. Coast Guard implemented a new law passed by Congress requiring the use of engine cut-off switches (ECOS) and the associated engine cut-off switch link (ECOSL) on recreational vessels. The law is relevant to all federally navigable waterways and specifically applies to recreational vessels with the following characteristics:
- Vessels less than 26 feet in length
- Vessels with an engine capable of 115 lbs. static thrust (approximately 2-3 hp)
- Vessels built in January 2020 or later
Exemptions to the Engine Shut Off System law are as follows:
- The law is not applicable to law enforcement or other government-owned vessels
- There is no requirement to wear the Engine Shut Off System link if either the main helm is installed within an enclosed cabin or if the vessel does not have an ECOS and is not required to have one
- The Engine Shut Off System link does not need to be attached/active when the vessel is operating at less than displacement speed (ie. the vessel isn’t operating on plane). This applies to common activities such as idling, docking/trailering, trolling, and operating in no-wake zones.
Important Extender Information
Please note we are currently working on an update for the EXTENDER module to fix the issue outlined below. We apologize for any inconvenience. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Estimated update release date 31st. Jan. 2023.
Issue: Connection may be lost between the OLAS App and the CORE or GUARDIAN if an EXTENDER is used.
Please note the EXTENDER can continue to be used if the OLAS App is not required beyond the initial setup. Connection between the CORE or GUARDIAN and the EXTENDER is not affected.