As the world’s most compact Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon, the EPIRB1 Pro pairs its compact stature with a durable design, making it a practical option to meet the needs of all commercial, fishing, and leisure vessels. The product has been designed for maximum efficiency and boasts a 10-year battery life in addition to superb operating life when activated, keeping rescue services updated with your location for longer.
This EPIRB is fitted with a 121.5MHz homing beacon used by rescue services for the close-in locations of vessels in distress. In addition, the EPIRB is fitted with a high brightness LED strobe light for additional impact, especially at night. For emergency situations where a user is not physically able to reach the EPIRB in time, The EPIRB1 Pro also comes complete with a Category I Automatic Release Housing (commonly referred to as ‘float free’). This ensures that the EPIRB is automatically deployed from the bracket by the internal Hydrostatic Release Unit, and then also automatically activates and floats to the surface to send your distress message to the satellite network.
The Automatic Release Housing (ARH) also includes a convenient adapter providing multiple retrofit options. Use the adapter to easily mount the ARH using the same mounting holes that were previously used for older and larger EPIRBS such as the Ocean Signal E100/E100G, Jotron Tron 60s, and McMurdo E5/G5.
Features and Benefits:
- Complies with MED (2014/90/EU)
- 406 MHz (link via satellite to emergency services)
- 121.5 MHz Homing Signal (to aid final locating by search & rescue)
- High-Intensity Strobe
- 30% (Typ) Smaller
- 10 year Battery Life
- 2 Year Warranty
- 66 Channel GPS (fact accurate positioning)
Your Ocean Signal EPIRB1 is warranted against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase and in accordance with the following conditions. Ocean Signal will at its discretion, repair or replace the faulty products free of charge excluding the cost of shipping. Proof of purchase shall be required in order for a warranty claim to be valid from the original purchaser. All claims shall be made in writing to Ocean Signal or an approved service dealer.
Ocean Signal shall not be liable to the buyer under the above warranty:
- For any repairs or modifications carried out on the EPIRB using parts that are not supplied or approved by the manufacture Ocean Signal including batteries and for work carried out other than by Ocean Signal or approved service dealers.
- For any part, material, or accessory that is not manufactured by Ocean Signal the consumer will be covered by the guarantee/warranty offered to Ocean Signal by the manufacturer or supplier,
- For a product that has not been fully paid for.
- For any product supplied by Ocean Signal to a customer under an alternative warranty agreement.
- For the cost of shipping products to and from the customer.
The Battery is only warranted until the date of expiry and provided the unit is tested in accordance with the information in the user manual. This warranty does not apply to a used battery as indicated by the self-test.
The following specific items are excluded from this warranty:
- Lift up flap and associated mechanism.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
This warranty is to be interpreted under English law. For further assistance please contact our Technical Service Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When I register my EPIRB or PLB is the 0 in the 15 digit HEX ID (UIN) the number 0, or the letter O?
The HEX ID consists of the numbers from 0 to 9 and the letters from A to F only. The character 0 is the number zero.