406 MHz Emergency Locator TransmitterModel Number: 453-6604
The Artex ME406 Helicopter Model (HM), a single output ELT, utilizes the same RF output and only one coax cable to transmit 121.5 and 406 MHz emergency signals to the Cospas/Sarsat satellites. The ELT automatically activates during a crash and transmits a continuous swept tone on 121.5 MHz. During activation, the 406 MHz transmitter sends an encoded 5 watt signal every 50 seconds for 440 milliseconds to alert Search and Rescue.
The mounting hardware for the ME406 Series is compatible with all previous models of Artex 406 MHz ELT products, as well as the ELT-200 Series, ACK, Pointer Model 3000 and Narco ELTs. Current owners of Artex 2-frequency TSO C91a ELTs can re-use the remote switch in the cockpit, as well as the wiring harness from the cockpit to the ELT. This greatly reduces installation costs.
- Automatic Fixed Emergency Locator Transmitter
- Multiple Axis G-Switch for helicopters
- Fixed wing and helicopter applications
- Single antenna output for both 121.5 and 406 MHz frequencies
- Worldwide coverage
- 6-year battery life (Replacement Battery Part No. 455-0012)
- If you use it...we'll replace it, Free of Charge. Simply submit your story, send us back your used beacon so we can have it mounted on our Wall of Fame and we'll send you a brand new beacon of equal or greater value.
ARTEX ELTs are the choice of rotorcraft aircraft including Sikorsky, Airbus Helicopters, AgustaWestland and Bell.
- TSO C126
- ETSO 2C126
- Cospas/Sarsat Approved
- Transport & Industry Canada Approved
|Antenna Options Available||Rod: 110-338|
|Operating Frequencies||406 MHz, 121.5 MHz +/- 5 KHz|
|Ouput Power||406 MHz: 5 W (440 ms/ 50 sec) for 24 hours @ -20°C to +55°C, 121.5 MHz: 100 mW minimum for 50 hours @ -20°C to +55°C|
|Output Connector||BNC Female|
|Activation||Automatic by 4.5 feet per second (2.3G) Primary G-Switch, or 12.5 G (+/- 1 G) 5-Way HM G-Switch or Manual Activation|
|Battery||6 year Lithium (LiMnO2, solid cathode) (Replacement Battery Part No. 455-0012)|
|Temperature Certified to:||Operating: -20°C to +55°C, Storage: -55°C to +85°C|
|Self Test||G-Switch Enabled, 406 MHz Power, Antenna/Coax Connection, Low Battery|
|Weights (with tray)||2.05 lbs (933 g)|
|Measurements||ELT Transmitter with mounting hardware installed: 6.59” (167 mm)L x 2.86” (73 mm)H x 3.69” (94 mm)W|
Warranty Length: 30 months from date of installation of the Goods on Buyer's solution. 24 months from the date of dispatch of Goods by the Supplier
Warranty coverage is effectively extended from previous warranties offered on Artex products. To qualify for warranty coverage, a customer must do one of two things.
1) Provide the original packing list from Artex with a shipping date on it. The warranty period expires 24 months from the date shipped on the packing list.
2) Provide proof of installation date (Logbook entry, signed copy of the FAA form 337 the ELT was installed under, or other documentation stating such).
If the customer is unable to provide either methods of documentation, the warranty will apply for 24 months from date of manufacture listed on the ELT product label, with a 6 month installation grace period - effectively 30 months.
For any inquiries regarding warranties, feel free to contact Artex products technical support at: email@example.com or by phone at USA 954-981-3333.Online Warranty Form
Ratings & Reviews
Manuals / Approvals / Downloads
Where to Buy this Product
- Your Location
- ACR Dealer & Service
- ARTEX Dealer & Service