ME406 ACE ELT
406 MHz Emergency Locator TransmitterModel Number: 455-6614
The Artex ME406 ACE (Absolute Cost Efficiency), a single output ELT, utilizes the same RF output and only one coax cable, connecting to the new series of Artex single input antennas to transmit 121.5 and 406 MHz emergency signals to the Cospas/Sarsat satellites. The ELT automatically activates during a crash and transmits the standard swept tone on 121.5 MHz. Every 50 seconds, for 440 milliseconds, the 406 MHz transmitter turns on and sends an encoded 5-watt signal to alert Search and Rescue.
The mounting hardware for the ME406 Series is compatible with all previous models of Artex 406 MHz ELT products, as well as the ELT-200 Series, ACK, Pointer Model 3000 ELT and Narco ELTs. The self-contained remote switch is powered by a 6-year lithium battery, making it independent from aircraft power.
ARTEX ELTs are the choice of general aviation aircraft including Cessna, Piper, Cirrus, Beechcraft, Diamond, and Quest.
Cost-efficient upgrade to Artex Technology
The new remote switch replaces the old ACK switch on the instrument panel, eliminating the need for alterations. A special adapter mounted onto the ME406 ACE ELT receives the plug on the ELT side of the wiring. Installation time is further reduced by reusing the existing wiring harness to connect the remote switch to the ELT.
- "ACE" - Absolute Cost Efficiency
- Upgrade ACK and 2-Frequency ELTs to Artex 406 MHz Technology
- Replaces ACK remote switch in form, fit and function
- Re-use existing wiring harness from remote switch to ELT
- Remote switch independent from aircraft power
- 6-year battery life, Replacement Battery Part No. 455-0012
- If you use it...we'll replace it, Free of Charge. Simply submit your story, send us back your used beacon so we can have it mounted on our Wall of Fame and we'll send you a brand new beacon of equal or greater value.
- TSO C126
- ETSO 2C126
- Cospas/Sarsat Approved
- Transport & Industry Canada Approved
The Artex ME406 ELT combined with the ACK remote switch retrofit system allows for re-using the existing wiring harness between ELT and cockpit remote switch.
|Model||ME406 ACE (Absolute Cost Efficiency)|
|Antenna Options Available||Rod: 110-338, Whip: 110-773|
|Operating Frequencies||406 MHz, 121.5 MHz +/- 5 KHz|
|Ouput Power||406 MHz: 5 W (440 ms/ 50 sec) for 24 hours @ -20°C to +55°C, 121.5 MHz: 100 mW minimum for 50 hours @ -20°C to +55°C|
|Output Connector||BNC Female (406 MHz & 121.5)|
|Activation||Automatic by 4.5 feet per second (2.3 G) Primary G-Switch or Manual Activation|
|Battery||6 year Lithium (LiMnO2, solid cathode), Replacement Battery Part No. 455-0012|
|Temperature Certified to:||Operating: -20°C to +55°C, Storage: -55°C to +85°C|
|Self Test||G-Switch Enabled, 406 MHz Power, Antenna/Coax Connection, Low Battery|
|Weights (with tray)||2.05 lbs (933 g)|
|Measurements||ELT Transmitter with mounting hardware installed: 6.59” (167 mm)L x 2.86” (73 mm)H x 3.69” (94 mm)W|
Warranty Length: 30 months from date of installation of the Goods on Buyer's solution. 24 months from the date of dispatch of Goods by the Supplier
Warranty coverage is effectively extended from previous warranties offered on Artex products. To qualify for warranty coverage, a customer must do one of two things.
1) Provide the original packing list from Artex with a shipping date on it. The warranty period expires 24 months from the date shipped on the packing list.
2) Provide proof of installation date (Logbook entry, signed copy of the FAA form 337 the ELT was installed under, or other documentation stating such).
If the customer is unable to provide either methods of documentation, the warranty will apply for 24 months from date of manufacture listed on the ELT product label, with a 6 month installation grace period - effectively 30 months.
For any inquiries regarding warranties, feel free to contact Artex products technical support at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at USA 954-981-3333.Online Warranty Form
Ratings & Reviews
Manuals / Approvals / Downloads
Where to Buy this Product
- Your Location
- ACR Dealer & Service
- ARTEX Dealer & Service