ELT to Nav Interface
ELT to Navigation InterfaceModel Number: 453-6500 and 455-6500 (with installation kit)
The Artex ELT to Nav Interface is designed to be connected between the aircraft's Flight Management Computer (FMC) or GPS receiver and the 406 MHz series of ELTs (G406-4, C406-1, C406-2, C406-1 HM, C406-2 HM) to allow transmission of position data with the distress signal.
The knowledge of the position (to 1 meter) allows Search & Rescue forces to launch an immediate mission to the last known position of the aircraft. The ELT/NAV Interface meets TSO C126 and JTSO-2C126 requirements as a 406 MHz ELT system component. When properly registered, use of this technology can provide the following information to Search & Rescue teams: 1) Type of Aircraft, 2) Owner(s), 3) Emergency Contact(s), 4) Country Code, 5) Aircraft ID or Serial Number of ELT, 6) ELT Manufacturer and 7) Latitude/Longitude Position.
An advanced feature of the Nav Interface is the ability to custom program the ELT to the "24-bit Address" (Mode S Number) assigned to an aircraft. This is extremely useful for fleet operators who change-out ELTs because it eliminates the need to re-program an ELT before it is installed in to a different aircraft.
- Allows the ELT to transmit latitude and longitude of the aircraft
- Connects C406 and G406 series ELTs to the aircraft Flight Management Computer or GPS receiver
- Programs ELT with the 24-bit address of the aircraft
- Compatible with systems such as: Garmin, UNSD, ARNAV, IIMorrow, Bendix King
Warranty Length: 30 months from date of installation of the Goods on Buyer's solution, 24 months from the date of dispatch of Goods by the Supplier
Warranty coverage is effectively extended from previous warranties offered on Artex products. To qualify for warranty coverage, a customer must do one of two things.
1) Provide the original packing list from Artex with a shipping date on it. The warranty period expires 24 months from the date shipped on the packing list.
2) Provide proof of installation date (Logbook entry, signed copy of the FAA form 337 the ELT was installed under, or other documentation stating such).
If the customer is unable to provide either methods of documentation, the warranty will apply for 24 months from date of manufacture listed on the ELT product label, with a 6 month installation grace period - effectively 30 months.
For any inquiries regarding warranties, feel free to contact Artex products technical support at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at USA 954-981-3333.Online Warranty Form
Ratings & Reviews
Manuals / Approvals / Downloads
Where to Buy this Product
- Your Location
- ACR Dealer & Service
- ARTEX Dealer & Service