2-Wire ELT/RSWT Interface
2 Wire Remote InterfaceModel Number: 455-0049
Many of the existing TSO C91a installations with Joliet, Pointer and Narco 121.5 MHz ELTs utilize only 2 wires between the cockpit remote switch and the ELT. Other manufacturers of 121.5 MHz ELTs use 3 or 4 wires. The Artex 2-Wire Remote Interface uses just 2 of the existing wires from the wiring harness to connect the new cockpit remote switch to an Artex 406 MHz ELT for a simplified, cost-efficient upgrade.
The 2-Wire Remote Interface is a follow-up to the Artex ME406 ACE (Absolute Cost Efficiency) ELT. The ME406 ACE is a retrofit for current ACK or Ameri-King 121.5 MHz ELTs and comes complete with a remote switch and adapters to utilize existing wiring.
- Upgrade any existing C91a ELT installation to Artex 406 MHz Technology
- Plugs in between new cockpit remote switch and 406 MHz ELT
- Simplify installation and reduce costs by utilizing existing 2, 3 or 4-wire configurations
- One packlist includes all parts required for installation
- TSO C-126 approved
- Another retrofit solution by Artex Products, proving our commitment to reducing installation costs for aircraft owners
|Weights||2-Wire Remote Switch Interface: 2.07oz (59g), 2-Wire ELT Interface: 2.78oz (79g), Toggle Switch: .35oz (10g)|
|Built-in Interface D-Sub||Shell Size: 9, Mounting Option: 4-40 jackscrew, Durability: 1000 Cycle minimum, Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: 1000 VAC minimum for 1 minute, Gender: Receptacle (female)|
|D-Sub 150-0022||Shell Size: 9, Wire Termination Type: Crimp snap, Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: 1000 VAC minimum for 1 minute, Gender: Plug (male)|
|Pin Crimp 151-0042||Contact Termination: Crimp, AWG: 22-26, Insertion/Extraction Tool: Tyco 91067-2 or equivalent (20-24 AWG), Tyco 91285-1 or equivalent (24-28 AWG), Crimp Hand Tool: Tyco 91525-1 or equivalent, Gender: Pin (male), Size: 20, Insulation Diameter: 0.04 - 0.050 in (1.01 - 1.27 mm)|
|Backshell 151-0006||Color: Black, Shell Size: 9, Thumbscrew: 4-40, Thumbscrew Torque: 1.5 to 2.0 in-lb (.7 to .22 Nm)|
|Toggle Switch 140-3349||Pole & Throw: DPDT, Number of Positions: 2, LED Color: Red, Contact Material Rating: 3A @ 30 VDC, LED Forward Peak Current: 25 mA, LED Continuous Forward Current: 20 mA, LED Forward Voltage: 2.1 Volts, Electrical Life: 25000 operations minimum|
Warranty Length: 30 months from date of installation of the Goods on Buyer's solution, 24 months from the date of dispatch of Goods by the Supplier
Warranty coverage is effectively extended from previous warranties offered on Artex products. To qualify for warranty coverage, a customer must do one of two things.
1) Provide the original packing list from Artex with a shipping date on it. The warranty period expires 24 months from the date shipped on the packing list.
2) Provide proof of installation date (Logbook entry, signed copy of the FAA form 337 the ELT was installed under, or other documentation stating such).
If the customer is unable to provide either methods of documentation, the warranty will apply for 24 months from date of manufacture listed on the ELT product label, with a 6 month installation grace period - effectively 30 months.
For any inquiries regarding warranties, feel free to contact Artex products technical support at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at USA 954-981-3333.Online Warranty Form
Ratings & Reviews
Manuals / Approvals / Downloads
Where to Buy this Product
- Your Location
- ACR Dealer & Service
- ARTEX Dealer & Service