ACR Electronics, Inc.announces the release of the new SARLink. The world’s first communication device that combines the global services of Iridium’s Short Burst Data, and the Cospas-Sarsat 406 MHz emergency network into an ergonomically designed hand-held device. The Iridium based features of the SARLink fulfil the requirements for Blue & Friendly Force Tracking, as well as two-way messaging for command and control. The 406 MHz locator beacon leverages the proven reliability of the Cospas-Sarsat network, which has successfully aided search and rescue personnel around the world in saving over 37,000 lives since the mid-1980’s.
SARLink can be provisioned to operate on the DoD Gateway utilizing the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Enhanced Mobile Satellite Services airtime contract, or the Iridium Commercial Gateway, supporting 10, 30 byte, and PECOS formats. The 406 MHz beacon can be configured to standard or national protocol. SARLink incorporates a second battery dedicated to 406 MHz operation, providing more than 24 hours of distress messaging.
Military personnel equipped with a SARLink will benefit from the following distinct operational capabilities:
- Dedicated SOS Button - redundant emergency notification through both the Cospas-Sarsat and Iridium networks with embedded Precise Location Information (PLI)
- Iridium Only Distress Alerting - option to engage the Iridium-only distress alert, user-defined notification to proprietary command centers and personnel
- Two-Way Data Communication – send and receive free-text and canned messages using the on-board QWERTY touch screen keyboard to:
o Verify and validate distress messages as well as routine operational command and control;
o Communicate via text with:
- other mobile cellular and satellite devices;
- other SARLink devices; and
- any email service.
o Contact lists can be pre-defined and can incorporate canned messages that are scripted and loaded across agency devices
- Friendly Force Tracking – transmit PLI at selectable intervals from once per minute to once per day. Create, save, and send waypoints as well as manual check-ins
Gerald Angeli, ACR Electronics President and General Manager stated, “We are proud to provide an elite product such as the SARLink to support our military’s communication and emergency needs. As a leading manufacturer of survival gear, developing new products like the SARLink to enhance the safety of military personnel brings further validation to the importance of what we do here at ACR.”
*Sales of this product are limited to the U.S. Military and Government entities.
**This device has not been authorized for commercial sale and use as required by the rules of the FCC. This device is not, and may not be offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, unless specific written authorization is obtained.