The ARTEX ELT 345 (Emergency Locator Transmitter) has received its Cospas-Sarsat and FAA approvals and is now available for sale. The small form factor and light weight ELT 345 is the most competitively priced, high quality ELT on the market. To further boast its cost effectiveness, the ELT 345 provides a quick-and-easy retrofit opportunity with flexible installation options such as a two-wire remote switch that does not require any aircraft power. Existing ARTEX ELT owners should know that the ELT 345 is backward compatible with legacy ARTEX remote switches. All of these options lead to cost savings and reduced installation times.
The ARTEX ELT 345 transmits on 406 MHz and 121.5 MHz frequencies. Aircraft owners can count on state-of-the-art electronics that maximizes frequency stability and power while incorporating a built-in GPS navigational interface. GPS data embedded within the emergency transmission provides Search and Rescue personnel the aircraft location within 100 meters in less than a minute.
Designed to accommodate multiple installation configurations, the new ELT 345 is a quick, easy and affordable retrofit for 121.5 MHz ELTs. “ELT 345 brings an affordable 406 ELT to the experimental and general aviation market from the same company trusted by world-class airframe manufacturers for decades. Regardless of the aircraft category, there really is no reason to select anything other than an ARTEX product,” shared Michael Schmidt, Director of Aviation Sales. Built under the exacting standards of AS9100C quality certification, the ELT 345 exceeds government and regulatory standards.
Highlights of the ARTEX ELT 345 features and specifications:
- Quick and easy retrofit for general aviation aircraft
- Single antenna output for emergency transmission on both 406 MHz (Cospas-Sarsat) and 121.5 MHz (local Search & Rescue) frequencies
- Enhanced position accuracy within 100 meters through built-in GPS interface
- Encoded digital message broadcasts aircraft identification/registration and provides access to owner/emergency contact details
- New stainless steel mounting strap designed for increased stability in compliance with current FAA guidelines
- Added functionality includes the ability to test the ELT with ARTEX’s proprietary online satellite confirmation testing service 406Test.com
- New hermetically sealed G-Switch for increased reliability
- Includes the ELT 345 transmitter, dual band whip antenna, 2 wire remote switch, mounting tray and all required hardware for less than $600
ACR Electronics, Inc. (ACR) designs and manufactures an array of ARTEX ELT’s, battery packs and ELT accessories. ARTEX ELT’s serve a wide category of aircrafts ranging from general aviation to the world’s leading airframe manufacturers, large commercial airlines and government aircraft.