Introducing the new ARTEX ELT 1000 Emergency Locator Transmitter
406 MHz ELT / GPS Interface / Low Cost Installation / ARTEX Quality
The ARTEX ELT 1000 is a value-priced upgrade to standard 121.5 MHz transmitters, which are no longer monitored by the Cospas-Sarsat system. The 406 MHz transmitter produces a much more accurate position, typically 3 kilometers as compared with 15 to 20 kilometers for 121.5 MHz transmitters. When coupled to the aircraft navigation system via a navigation interface, the ELT 1000's accuracy improves to approximately 100 meters.
Because it is a single output ELT, the ELT 1000 utilizes the same RF output and only one coax cable to transmit a 406 MHz emergency signal to Cospas-Sarsat satellites and a local 121.5 homing signal. With its new built-in navigational interface that does not require plane power to operate, the cost of installation is greatly reduced.
The new 2-wire interface is compatible with older 121.5 MHz ELTs, so upgrading your ELT is simple and affordable. Pair the ELT 1000 with the ARTEX Exclusive satellite confirmation testing website 406Test.com and get real time beacon testing results from the same satellites used by Search and Rescue to ensure your ELT system is functioning properly.
- Automatic Fixed Emergency Locator Transmitter.
- Single antenna output for emergency transmission on both 406 MHz (COSPAS-SARSAT) and 121.5 MHz frequencies (local search & rescue).
- Enhanced positional accuracy with a built-in GPS Navigational interface that does not require aircraft power.
- Encoded digital message broadcasts aircraft identification/registration and owner/emergency contact details.
- Worldwide coverage with no subscription fees.
- 6 Year battery life.
- If you Use it… ARTEX will replace it, Free of charge. Learn more at Survivorclub.com.
- FAA TSO Approved.
Tags: ELT 1000, ARTEX, Emergency Locator Transmitter, ELT Upgrade, Aircraft Distress Beacon, 121.5 ELT Upgrade, Low Cost ELT Installation