Do you have a story to tell?
Did an ACR or ARTEX beacon save your life?
You can help out your fellow adventurer by sharing your story,
the need for a beacon, and helpful tips on how to avoid disaster.
And don't worry, you can stay anonymous.
View Official Rules
- FREE ACR Replacement Beacon!
- Free "I Survived" T-Shirt
- Have your story placed on the WALL OF FAME.
- Your beacon retired and mounted on a plaque for all to see
- Help others avoid disaster.
I got on the radio and hailed, " MayDay! MayDay! Mayday!" then
the radio and the entire power shutdown. The boat started bogging
and we would have to run from side to side to keep her aloft. Then
I realized the most important thing on the boat was 2 feet away! I
grabbed the EPIRB and hit the switch and it started blinking.
View Story »