ACR / Artex has over 54 years of experience in developing, manufacturing and supporting life- saving products including EPIRBs, Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELTs), Personal Locator Beacons, Search and Rescue Transponders (SARTs), Rescue Strobe Lights and more.
Using our customer focused management philosophy, our employees follow AS9100 / ISO 9001 registered procedures to provide solutions for our customers' requirements.
A strong commitment to implementation of lean principles for manufacturing, communication and other business systems started in the summer of 2004 to build a foundation for improved performance with the goal of 100% on-time delivery of perfect products. Our lean transformation is an integral part of the Continuous Improvement Program, a constant review of our processes to improve our key balanced scorecard metrics, eliminate waste and improve customer satisfaction.
Expanding our Core Capabilities through continuous education programs allows us to evolve from being a manufacturer of life-saving equipment to a valued partner with the flexibility to stretch its brand into new business areas.
Current new capabilities include:
- 3D Modeling to design and specify our plastic (injection molds) and metal housing
- Finite Element Analysis to analyze our designs against environmental criteria as specified by FAA and RTCO
- In-house PCB and PCA design using the latest CAD software
- EMI problem solving in RF design
- Design of custom battery packs for harsh environmental applications (military, medical,..)
- Custom Remote switch designs with or without Night Vision Goggle compatibility for commercial, business and military platform manufacturer
- Conformal Coating of circuit boards to prevent EMI, lengthen the product's life and protect the board from water and/or dirt, should the housing case be compromised.